Our progressive team are passionate about helping our clients to develop, improve and grow their businesses. We are looking for an Intermediate/Senior level Accountant to join our Tauranga office to be responsible for providing compliance and business advisory support to clients. We need someone with the right attitude, along with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The job involves:
- Preparing financial statements and tax returns for companies, trusts, partnerships and sole traders, including preparation of supporting workpapers
- Preparation of income tax returns, PAYE, FBT, RWT and GST returns
- Preparation of management accounts, budgets and cashflow reports.
- Preparation of creditors, debtors and payroll on behalf of clients
The successful applicant will have:
- 3+ years experience with financial accounts compilation, including experience in using Xero
- Knowledge of financial reporting standards, NZ tax legislation and tax return preparation
- Some form of accounting training
- The ability to work effectively under pressure to achieve deadlines and manage their time and workload efficiently
- Proven accuracy and attention to detail
- An organised, proactive approach to work, along with a desire to be part of a friendly, supportive team.
Hours are Monday to Friday 8.00am – 5pm (40 hours per week), however there may be some flexibility around the start and finish times.
A strong healthcare package is offered for our full time employees.
If you are who we are looking for please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org